Amanda-Users

Re: 3-hole.ps template working

2004-11-15 22:04:07
Subject: Re: 3-hole.ps template working
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:59:41 -0500
On Monday 15 November 2004 15:13, Dege, Robert C. wrote:
>Where can I can the updated 3hole.ps file?  Is it avail. in cvs?
>
>-Rob

There is a link near the bottom of the <http://www.amanda.org> web
page that points to the ftp server at umontreal.edu.ca, where you
will find the most recent releases.  Bookmark it.  I'm running the
2.4.5b1-20041113 release right now.  Its a piece of cake for old
hands to build and install the newer 'snapshots' as they are
released.

I have in the past, posted my own bash script that configures and
builds each new snapshot for me, so you may want to check the lists
archives and grab it.  I'd repost it again, but its been simplified a
bit from the older one posted since I'm now running vtapes on a BIG
hard drive.

Which of course will be the $65 (USD) commodity drive a year from
now. :(

With this script, the only thing I have to do as root is the make
install (as the instructions tell you) and a run of ldconfig when the
install has been done to fix up the library linkages.  Everthing else
is done under an 'su amanda'.  The instructions don't mention the
ldconfig run, but more recent linux's do need it done.  All this
takes about 5 minutes on a 2800XP athlon with a gig of ram to go from
a tarball on the hard drive to the fully installed new snapshot.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: