Amanda-Users

Permission denied since upgrade to FC3

2004-11-14 18:11:47
Subject: Permission denied since upgrade to FC3
From: "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mikep AT mikeathome DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:58:24 -0500
I upgraded my Fedora Core 2 machine to Fedora Core 3.
This machine is the amanda server.
First problem I had was that for whatever reason the FC3 CDs did not install amanda-server.
Not a big problem but just thought that was weird.

The real problem is now when doing an amcheck I get this error message:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /pub/tmp: 22225800 KB disk space available, using 16982920 KB
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape mikeathome04 label ok
Server check took 4.191 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: localhost: [could not access /dev/root (/): Permission denied]
Client check: 1 host checked in 10.034 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p3)

The /dev/root device has permissions brw-------
But I am not sure if I should be changing this.
I don't remember having to before.

Anyone know what I should do to fix this?

Thanks,
Mike