Amanda-Users

Re: Using Amanda to Backup Amanda

2004-11-08 13:06:30
Subject: Re: Using Amanda to Backup Amanda
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Gaby Vanhegan <gaby AT vanhegan DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:52:13 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 at 4:40pm, Gaby Vanhegan wrote

> One thought I had was to tar up a copy of the folder after every run of
> Amanda and drop that in a location that is going to be backed up after
> the next run.  Is this sensible, or should I just add the amanda folder
> to the disklist?

I like the first solution, because if you use amanda to back up itself
the index files are going to be in some sort of intermediate state.  Of
course, I put the amanda tarball in a few places, and they're all
RAIDs, just in case.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering