Amanda-Users

Re: Using Amanda to Backup Amanda

2004-11-09 03:04:16
Subject: Re: Using Amanda to Backup Amanda
From: Inaki Sanchez <isanchez AT unav DOT es>
To: Gaby Vanhegan <gaby AT vanhegan DOT net>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:00:04 +0100
I use rsync to copy all the amanda folder to another server, just after amanda
finishes her work.

Regards,

--
Inaki Sanchez
Centro de Proceso de Datos

mailto:isanchez AT unav DOT es
http://www.unav.es

Gaby Vanhegan wrote:
Hi,

I have a running Amanda server which is quite happily backing up several gigs of data on several machines (not a huge setup by any measure). I was wondering if there are any special provisions that I need, or disklist entries, to back up the Amanda server.

I'd like to keep a backup of my index files, and the whole amanda folder. What's the best way to go about this?

One thought I had was to tar up a copy of the folder after every run of Amanda and drop that in a location that is going to be backed up after the next run. Is this sensible, or should I just add the amanda folder to the disklist?

Gaby