Amanda-Users

Re: debugging chg-scsi

2004-11-04 14:09:20
Subject: Re: debugging chg-scsi
From: Erik Anderson <erikerik AT gmail DOT com>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:03:43 -0600
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:54:12 -0600, Erik Anderson <erikerik AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> However, I just tried putting /dev/sg2 into my chg-scsi.conf.  I
> re-ran amcheck, and not it appears that it's actually doing something.
>  We'll see how this turns out after it finishes.

Okay - we're getting closer here.  I can feel it ;-)

Now when I run amcheck - it actually *does* something with the
changer, rather than just erroring out immeadiately.

amanda@lpdlnx00 LPD $ amcheck LPD
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 36514756 KB disk space available, that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 4: rewinding tape: Operation not permitted
amcheck-server: fatal slot 5: slot 5 move failed
ERROR: new tape not found in rack
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 54.047 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 0 hosts checked in 0.001 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p2)

I ran it a few times, and each time, the "slot" number advanced each
time.  That's why it's currently complaining about slot 4.   It did
the same for the other slots as well.

Ideas?

-Erik