Amanda-Users

Re: dumpcycle / runspercycle / tapecycle best practices?

2004-11-04 09:36:45
Subject: Re: dumpcycle / runspercycle / tapecycle best practices?
From: Erik Anderson <erikerik AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:31:31 -0600
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:23:10 +0100, Christoph Scheeder
<christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de> wrote:
> Hi,
> as i'm using chg-scsi with some changers under linux let's check a few
> things :
> 1.) remove all comments from chg-scsi.conf, sometimes i had problems
>      with chg-scsi which went away after removing them all.
> 2.) set lastslot to 4 or your cleaningtape will be loaded in every
>      search cycle through the magazin. (probably not what you want)
> 3.) your changer and your tapedrive are recognized at bootup by the
>      kernel, correct?
>      ( do you see both when you do a  "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" ?)

Hello Christoph - I have removed all of the comments from my
chg-scsi.conf, and I have noticed no change in behavior.  And yes, my
changer and tape drive are surely recognized by the kernel.  I am able
to load/read/write/unload tapes using the mt and mtx commands.

Thanks!
-Erik