Amanda-Users

Disabling hardware compression

2004-10-29 23:36:21
Subject: Disabling hardware compression
From: Erik Anderson <erikerik AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:23:13 -0500
Hello - I have a Quantum DLT7000 drive, and I'm wondering how I go
about disabling hardware compression on it.  I did some searching, and
it seems that I should be able to issue this command:

lpdlnx00 LPD # mt -f /dev/nst0 compression 0
/dev/nst0: Input/output error

I am certain that /dev/nst0 is the correct device node for the drive:

lpdlnx00 LPD # mt -f /dev/nst0 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=-1, block number=-1, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x0 (default).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (50000):
 DR_OPEN IM_REP_EN

I'm trying to get this disabled so I can get an accurate reading from
amtapetype.

Thanks!
-Erik Anderson