Amanda-Users

Re: How do I run multiple parallel samba DLEs?

2004-10-29 20:37:06
Subject: Re: How do I run multiple parallel samba DLEs?
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:32:19 -0700
"Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at> writes:

> Hi, Kevin,
>
> on Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 at 01:21 you wrote to amanda-users:
>
> KD> "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at> writes:
>
>>> PLEASE GET AWAY FROM USING LOCALHOST !!!
>
> KD> Don't worry, change from localhost is on my list of things to change,
> KD> but only after I have caught up on other issues.
>
> What a relief ;-)
>
> KD> localhost was there when I took over.
>
> ?
>
> KD> I need to catch up on the
> KD> backups before switching from localhost, since switching away from
> KD> localhost requires level 0 backups everywhere.
>
> Switch line by line ...

I tried switching from localhost to the real name of condor with 2
lines of disklist.  It didn't work.  I received the following error in
my log file:

ERROR planner condorNAK :  amandad busy

I found a reference which says the following from Feb, 2003:

  The other way this can happen is if you have multiple names in your
  disklist that refer to the same client machine. Amanda will consider
  them unique due to their names being different and try to contact
  each name separately, but the amanda client is not multi-threaded
  and will NAK the 2nd connection attempt if the 1st is still running.