Amanda-Users

Fedora upgrade Amanda slowed

2004-10-29 08:16:22
Subject: Fedora upgrade Amanda slowed
From: Jonathan Swaby <jfs10 AT bnext.stucen.gatech DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org (amanda backup)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:57:58 -0400 (EDT)
I recently upgraded a RH9 box to Fedora Core1. The upgrade went fine,
but my Amanda backups have slowed down a great deal. I am using this
machine to backup a Win2k server, a Win2k3 server, and a couple of
Linux boxes. The backups for the Linux boxes are running at the same
pace as always, but my win boxes are extremely slow. My Win2k box was
taking an hour and it now take 3.5 hours. My Win2k3 box was taking 16
minutes and now takes 1.25 hours. Several of the packages Amanda uses
were upgraded in the process. I am, however, still using Amanda 2.4.4.

gtar 1.13.25
gzip 1.3.3
smbclient 3.0.7-2.FC1

Before the upgrade, I had
gtar 1.13.25-11
gzip 1.3.3-9
smbclient 3.0.5

I have not yet tried down grading to smbclient 3.0.5. This might fix
the problem.

I have googled for possible answers, but I have found nothing. Has
anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any ideas on how to
solve the problem?

Thanks Jonathan Swaby