Amanda-Users

Re: Looking for tape drive suggestions

2004-10-27 06:19:36
Subject: Re: Looking for tape drive suggestions
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: "Mike Brodbelt" <m.brodbelt AT acu.ac DOT uk>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:11:57 +0100
> So, does anyone have any suggestions, good (or bad) experiences, or
> other advice? Reliability is obviously by far the most important
> thing... I'm also curious as to whether people favour internal or
> external drives?

we moved from DDS4 to LTO when we outgrew our needs - IMHO LTO rocks and i
can only see myself sticking with this standard as it moves on.

As for drives we actually use External single drives and external
autoloaders depending on location. The drive manufacturer is NEC which was a
decision based on price but we have not been disappointed!

thanks