Amanda-Users

Re: amflush problem

2004-10-15 10:44:10
Subject: Re: amflush problem
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Frederic Medery <dist-list AT LEXUM.UMontreal DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:40:06 +0200
Frederic Medery wrote:

I also did a grep amflush inside the amanda log dir without any result :(

First it seems that you believe amanda should flush something,
but when instructing amanda doing it, she believes there is
nothing to flush.
Also, annoying when trying to help, is that you post only part
of the information (part of the log, just a statement that
there are files to flush, but not a real listing).
If you believe the information is too sensitive to post, you
may mail to me privately.

Flush problems could happen if the entries in the holdingdisk
do not correspond to any DLE.  Did you rearrange the disklist
recently?  (e.g. changing uppercase to lowercase, split up
a large DLE into smaller ones etc.)

First I would have a look for any message in the two files
in directory  ~amanda/daily
     log.2004MMDD.N
     amflush.X
(MMDD is month+day, N is the counter that day, X is incremented
when amflush runs, and the most recent is 1)
Choose the two files that are from the same run.

Then a "ls -lR" of the contents of the holding directories
you believe contains data would be useful too (and the relevant
disklist entries).