Amanda-Users

Re: Dump direct to holding disk

2004-08-29 15:35:22
Subject: Re: Dump direct to holding disk
From: Gaby Vanhegan <gaby AT vanhegan DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:31:10 +0100
Brandon D. Valentine wrote:

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 02:32:04PM +0100, Gaby Vanhegan wrote:
We have sent our tape changer back for repairs, so backups are being held on the holding disk. Whilst the changer has been away, I needed to backup some more disks, so added some entries to the disklist. However, these are not being backed up, even to the holding disk. How can I force amanda to backup to the holding disk, with a view to flushing to
tape when the tape changer comes back from the fixers?You need to turn the
reserve parameter in your amanda.conf way down.
See amanda(8) for details on what that does.  Also, you should use
amadmin(8) to force the new disks to do a level zero.
Thanks, I've made the change and await to see what happens later tonight when the full dump runs.

Gaby

--
Ha! Ha! Ha!  Dislocation...
- Phil Ken Sebben