Amanda-Users

Labeling tapes with "day of the week", is not a good practice

2004-08-31 09:02:08
Subject: Labeling tapes with "day of the week", is not a good practice
From: "Ranveer Attalia" <Ranveer.Attalia AT tertio DOT com>
To: <Gavin.Henry AT invsat DOT com>, "Paul Bijnens" <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:55:23 +0100

Hi

First thanks to everyone that helped me with my nightmare restore last
week. I've managed to get the system disk up and running now so things
are little calmer. Trying to understand the errors I recieved during the
restore and Gavin mentioned that we shouldnt be using "day of the week"
tape labels. Why is this? Are the results fatal if we do? (with the
system disk restore, I eventually managed to get all the data off)

All of our Daily and Weekly tapes are labelled with the day of the week.
Is there any easy way that we can revert back to the Amanda way of
labelling the tapes? If it is possible and we can revert, would we still
beable to restore off the "day of the week" tapes that we have up until
now if we ever need to?

Thanks

- Ranveer