Amanda-Users

Re: Installation question: error while loading shared libraries: libamserver

2004-08-27 02:18:25
Subject: Re: Installation question: error while loading shared libraries: libamserver
From: Eric Björkvall <eric AT bjorkvall DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:10:50 +0200
Just running ldconfig as root worked for me!

Cheers,
Eric
Eric Björkvall
IT Manager
Microbiology & Tumor Biology Center (MTC)
Karolinska Institutet
Box 280
S-171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Office: +46 (0)8 5248 63 09
http://www.mtc.ki.se

On 20 aug 2004, at 18.03, Andreas wrote:

Hi,

On Friday 20 August 2004 16:31, Sabir Pasha wrote:

I just downloaded amanda and I've went through the
readme and faq, but
can't seem to solve this one(and I betcha it's an easy
one).

amadmin: error while loading shared libraries:
libamserver-2.4.4p3.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

amadmin can't find the library in your library path.
Try export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
and it should work.

regards,

Andreas