Amanda-Users

Re: Use of uninitialized value at /opt/amanda/sbin/amstatus line 868.

2004-08-26 22:48:45
Subject: Re: Use of uninitialized value at /opt/amanda/sbin/amstatus line 868.
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:43:04 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Paul Bijnens wrote:

> Ranveer Attalia wrote:
>
> > When running the amanda backup yesterday. It still doesnt appear to have
> > finished. I checked the /tmp/ambackup_Daily.log file and its giving me
> > the error:
> > Use of uninitialized value at /opt/amanda/sbin/amstatus line 868
>
> I tried very hard to reproduce the error, using the files you sent,
> but I'm unable to get any error like that.

I don't see a response to this, but will add that I've been seeing
something very similar.  When I run amstatus I frequently (but not
always!) see a few lines of this:

Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at
/usr/local/amanda/sbin/amstatus line 653.

> I'm almost out of inspiration here.
> What version of perl are you using on the amanda server?
>    /usr/bin/perl --version

Here it's perl v5.6.1 and amanda 2.4.3b3.  I'd been ignoring this, hoping
it would go away when I upgrade to 2.4.4whatever, but since it's come up...

-Mitch