Amanda-Users

Installation question: error while loading shared libraries: libamserver

2004-08-20 10:38:48
Subject: Installation question: error while loading shared libraries: libamserver
From: Sabir Pasha <pashas77 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:31:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,

I just downloaded amanda and I've went through the
readme and faq, but
can't seem to solve this one(and I betcha it's an easy
one).

I am on Suse 8.2(kernel 2.4.20) with amanda-2.4.4p3, I
went through
the ./configure, and then make and make install,
everything seemed to
go smoothly, then when I tried to run any of amada's
commands I get:

amadmin: error while loading shared libraries:
libamserver-2.4.4p3.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I tried running config with the --disable-libtool, but
still the same
message. I see the library contained within
amanda-2.4.4p3/server-src/.libs, but I guess it's not
getting linked.

So, I'm obviously missing something if you could
enlighten me, it
would be most appreciated.

Have a great day!

Sabir Pasha