Amanda-Users

problems when ejecting tapes

2004-08-17 12:33:19
Subject: problems when ejecting tapes
From: CPH <CP.Hennessy AT openapp DOT biz>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:36:14 +0100
Hi,
 What is the correct procedure/command for ejecting tapes ?
I have a single tape drive so I think that "tpchanger" does not need to be
configured.
However, the "eject" command returns :
eject: unable to eject, last error: Input/output error

Also when I put the next tape in and try to do an "amlabel" I get the error
message :
amlabel: tape_rewind: rewinding tape: /dev/nst0: Input/output error

However when I rerun the command it seems to work :
$ su - amanda -c "/usr/sbin/amlabel   DailySet1 DailySet105"
rewinding, reading label, reading label: Input/output error
rewinding, writing label DailySet105, checking label, done

Is there something obvious I am missing or is there a going to be a serious
problem when I try to restore from a backup ?

Thanks
CPH