Amanda-Users

Problem with backup (backups failed)

2004-08-20 02:42:45
Subject: Problem with backup (backups failed)
From: Sebastian Kösters <skoesters AT sino DOT de>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:41:46 +0200
Hi,

today i got the amanda report for my backup. But four Servers failed and I
don’t know why?!

If I type amcheck ….. everything seems ok (31 hosts checked 0 problems found).

The reports says that:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  mysql      /var lev 0 FAILED [disk /var offline on mysql?] → OS: Redhat 8.0
  mysql      /opt lev 0 FAILED [disk /opt offline on mysql?]
  mysql      /data lev 0 FAILED [disk /data offline on mysql?]
  mysql      /etc lev 0 FAILED [disk /etc offline on mysql?]
  mail2      /etc lev 0 FAILED [disk /etc offline on mail2?] → OS : RedHat 7.0
  nfs2       /opt lev 0 FAILED [disk /opt offline on nfs2?] → OS: RedHat 7.1
  nfs2       /home lev 0 FAILED [disk /home offline on nfs2?]
  nfs2       /etc lev 0 FAILED [disk /etc offline on nfs2?]
  nfs        /daten2 lev 0 FAILED [disk /daten2 offline on nfs?] → OS: RedHat
7.0

At the moment the backup was started all servers were online. Xinetd was
started too. The dirs on the Server are the same like the disklist entries.
Index and curinfo are ok too. No device was unmounted or something like that.
The other Backups are fine.

Hope someone has an idea why the backups failed.

regards,
Sebastian