Amanda-Users

Re: data timeout - no replies...anyone???

2004-08-18 13:03:07
Subject: Re: data timeout - no replies...anyone???
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: Ranveer Attalia <Ranveer.Attalia AT tertio DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:59:55 +0100
The problem isn't amanda, its with dump (and Linus' hate of the program!)

nocomp doesn't make a difference, apart from using more tape to store the results.

your could make sure you use a 'dump-type' that specifies to use tar with no issues..with or without compression.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Ranveer Attalia wrote:
Interesting....
We are currently using version 2.4.4 p1. Is the Linux ext3 file type
supported on a later version of Amanda where I can use the dumptype
nocomp?