Amanda-Users

RE: Printout Reports

2004-08-09 13:22:42
Subject: RE: Printout Reports
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: "'Joshua Baker-LePain'" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:18:07 -0700
> Please put in some line breaks.  Each of your paragraphs
> shows up as one
> line to me.

I totally blame Outlook for that!  Actually, I blame my company for forcing me
off of pine ;)

> > 2) amanda will no longer print out reports after a
> successful backup.
> > The program used to, but we had to turn it off a long time ago (by
> > commenting out the printer line in amanda.conf).  If I manually lpr
> > ./amanda.conf as user amanda, I get a printout.  So I'm looking for
> > anytime of debugging techniques, or suggestions so that I
> can get this
> > excellent feature working again :)
>
> Make sure you have a lbl-templ defined in your tapetype in
> amanda.conf.

This was my problem.  During the off time, I upgraded the tape device, thus
creating a new tapetype
entry.  As a result, I failed to transfer over the lbl-templ entry in the new
tapetype.

I do have a 3rd related question.  I am now able to print an amanda report
successfully.  However, when
I run amreport to print out a worklog, the printer uses 11x17 paper, instead of
the standard
8.5x11.  If I run a standard lpr command as amanda, it will use the standard
8.5x11 paper.  Is
there some way to fix (or force) amreport to use the standard 8.5 paper size by
default?

-Rob