Amanda-Users

Re: Printout Reports

2004-08-09 11:10:18
Subject: Re: Printout Reports
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:03:37 -0400 (EDT)
Please put in some line breaks.  Each of your paragraphs shows up as one
line to me.

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 at 7:36am, Dege, Robert C. wrote

> 1) Can I print old reports from previous backups (for cataloging
> purposes)?  I think I can do that using amreport, but I want to verify
> this.  If not, what do I have to do?

Yes, amreport is what you want here.  See 'man amreport' for all the
details.

> 2) amanda will no longer print out reports after a successful backup.
> The program used to, but we had to turn it off a long time ago (by
> commenting out the printer line in amanda.conf).  If I manually lpr
> ./amanda.conf as user amanda, I get a printout.  So I'm looking for
> anytime of debugging techniques, or suggestions so that I can get this
> excellent feature working again :)

Make sure you have a lbl-templ defined in your tapetype in amanda.conf.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering