Amanda-Users

Problems compiling 2.4.4p3 on Solaris 2.51

2004-08-04 18:25:45
Subject: Problems compiling 2.4.4p3 on Solaris 2.51
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:16:58 -0400
I'm trying to comiple 2.4.4p3 on an ancient Solaris 2.5.1 machine.

I gte errors in the linking phase with snprintf not being found.
What's puzzling is that config.log clearly shows that this function
was not found:

conftest.c:294: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'snprintf'
 snprintf                            /var/tmp//ccjH8So6.o
 ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

And it seems that the Amanda source tree provides this function
for just such a case:

./common-src/snprintf.c

Yet, I'm getting the following error:

 -g -O2 -o .libs/amqde amqde.o  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/include
./.libs/libamclient.so
 ../common-src/.libs/libamanda.so -lgen -lm -ltermcap -lsocket -lnsl -lintl
-R/opt/amanda/lib
 -R/usr/local/lib
 -R/usr/include
  snprintf                            amqde.o
  ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/amqde

Any sugestions as to what I might be doign wrong?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin