Amanda-Users

Re: planner problem

2004-08-04 13:03:53
Subject: Re: planner problem
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:56:28 -0400
On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 12:08:06PM -0400, Daniel T. Gynn wrote:
> I am having problems with AMANDA doing [i.e. promoting to] full
> backups when I don't want it to.

This looks as though it'll do it (see amanda(8)):

     maxpromoteday "int"
          Default:  10000.  The Maximum number of day for a  pro-
          motion, set it 0 if you don't want promotion, set it to
          1 or 2 if your disk get overpromoted.

> I've tried 'amadmin config force-no-bump', but it doesn't seem
> to help and actually seems to make it worse if possible.

force-no-bump does exactly the reverse of what you want -- so
yes, it could well make things worse :-/  It prevents Amanda from
going to a higher dump level; what you want is to prevent Amanda
from going to a *lower* level (i.e. 0).

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau