Amanda-Users

Re: amandaidx acess still not allowed (bilingual)

2004-05-31 11:05:04
Subject: Re: amandaidx acess still not allowed (bilingual)
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:02:37 -0400
On Monday 31 May 2004 10:29, Pablo Quintía Vidal wrote:
>Hi again!!
>
>>The 71 bytes in the file is more than the 52 I would
>>expect
>>with the above context.
>>That means there is something else in .amandahosts,
>>maybe
>>some other hosts. That would be correct.
>>But as you clearly have a problem with the
>>.amandahosts, it
>>would be easier to post it, so that others can point
>>out the
>>errors in it. Maybe it's a typing error, which you
>
>fail >to
>
>>see (I've been bitten by that kind of errors many
>>times!).
>>
>>What is the output of:
>>
>>$ cat ~amanda/.amandahosts
>>
>>executed on the server (not the client!)
>
>$ cat ~amanda/.amandahosts
>irixoa06.des.udc.es amanda
>irixoa06.des.udc.es root
>
>>And did you configure and build it as the
>>unpriviledged >user
>>(amanda?), and become root to install it?
>>
>>Please post the results of an 'amcheck nameofconfig'
>>executed by the user who built amanda.
>
>$ amcheck Diaria
>
>Amanda Tape Server Host Check
>-----------------------------
>Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 226936 KB disk space
>available, that's plenty
>amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20040311 label Diaria1
>(exact label match)
>NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
>Tape Diaria1 label ok
>Server check took 0.758 seconds
>
>Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
>--------------------------------
>Client check: 1 host checked in 0.133 seconds, 0
>problems found
>
>(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p2)
>

>The other bytes was there because before i had the
>server as other client. Now I erase this entry
>"amada_serv amanda", but the message is the same,
>remember:
>
>$amrecover Diaria
>AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p2. Contacting server on
>irixoa06 ...
>220 irixoa06 AMANDA index server (2.4.4p2) ready:
>500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed
>from root@i...] amandahostsauth failed
>
>Thanks for your help!!

You still have something fubared in the install.  As root, from within
the src dir, do a

chown -R user:group *

where user:group is the
amanda-user-name:and-group-amanda-is-a-member-of, s/b disk or backup,
bin maybe.

Then grab a file manager as root, like mc, and go find the stuff
already installed (executables, not your configs!) and nuke it.

Then as root, do another make install.

>In spanish:
>
>Hola otra vez!!
>
>>The 71 bytes in the file is more than the 52 I would
>>expect
>>with the above context.
>>That means there is something else in .amandahosts,
>>maybe
>>some other hosts. That would be correct.
>>But as you clearly have a problem with the
>>.amandahosts, it
>>would be easier to post it, so that others can point
>>out the
>>errors in it. Maybe it's a typing error, which you
>>fail to see (I've been bitten by that kind of errors
>>many >times!).
>>
>>What is the output of:
>>
>>$ cat ~amanda/.amandahosts
>>
>>executed on the server (not the client!)
>
>$ cat ~amanda/.amandahosts
>irixoa06.des.udc.es amanda
>irixoa06.des.udc.es root
>
>>And did you configure and build it as the
>>unpriviledged >user
>>(amanda?), and become root to install it?
>>
>>Please post the results of an 'amcheck nameofconfig'
>>executed by the user who built amanda.
>
>$ amcheck Diaria
>
>Amanda Tape Server Host Check
>-----------------------------
>Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 226936 KB disk space
>available, that's plenty
>amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20040311 label Diaria1
>(exact label match)
>NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
>Tape Diaria1 label ok
>Server check took 0.758 seconds
>
>Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
>--------------------------------
>Client check: 1 host checked in 0.133 seconds, 0
>problems found
>
>(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p2)
>

>Los otros bytes estaban ahí porque antes tenía al
>servidor como otro cliente. Ahora borré esa entrada
>"amanda_ser amanda", pero el mensaje es el mismo,
>recordar:
>
>$amrecover Diaria
>AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p2. Contacting server on
>irixoa06 ...
>220 irixoa06 AMANDA index server (2.4.4p2) ready:
>500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed
>from root@i...] amandahostsauth failed
>
>Gracias por vuestra ayuda!!

>Correo Yahoo! - 6 MB, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis!
> Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: