Amanda-Users

Re: amandaidx acess still not allowed (bilingual)

2004-05-31 10:34:14
Subject: Re: amandaidx acess still not allowed (bilingual)
From: Pablo Quintía Vidal <qvidal_82 AT yahoo DOT es>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:29:56 +0200 (CEST)
Hi again!!

>The 71 bytes in the file is more than the 52 I would
>expect
>with the above context.
>That means there is something else in .amandahosts,
>maybe
>some other hosts. That would be correct.
>But as you clearly have a problem with the
>.amandahosts, it
>would be easier to post it, so that others can point
>out the
>errors in it. Maybe it's a typing error, which you
fail >to
>see (I've been bitten by that kind of errors many
>times!).
>
>What is the output of:
>
>$ cat ~amanda/.amandahosts
>
>executed on the server (not the client!)

$ cat ~amanda/.amandahosts
irixoa06.des.udc.es amanda
irixoa06.des.udc.es root

>And did you configure and build it as the
>unpriviledged >user
>(amanda?), and become root to install it?
>
>Please post the results of an 'amcheck nameofconfig'
>executed by the user who built amanda.

$ amcheck Diaria

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 226936 KB disk space
available, that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20040311 label Diaria1
(exact label match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape Diaria1 label ok
Server check took 0.758 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.133 seconds, 0
problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p2)

The other bytes was there because before i had the
server as other client. Now I erase this entry
"amada_serv amanda", but the message is the same,
remember:

$amrecover Diaria
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p2. Contacting server on
irixoa06 ...
220 irixoa06 AMANDA index server (2.4.4p2) ready:
500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed
from root@i...] amandahostsauth failed

Thanks for your help!!

In spanish:

Hola otra vez!!

>The 71 bytes in the file is more than the 52 I would
>expect
>with the above context.
>That means there is something else in .amandahosts,
>maybe
>some other hosts. That would be correct.
>But as you clearly have a problem with the
>.amandahosts, it
>would be easier to post it, so that others can point
>out the
>errors in it. Maybe it's a typing error, which you
>fail to see (I've been bitten by that kind of errors
>many >times!).
>
>What is the output of:
>
>$ cat ~amanda/.amandahosts
>
>executed on the server (not the client!)

$ cat ~amanda/.amandahosts
irixoa06.des.udc.es amanda
irixoa06.des.udc.es root

>And did you configure and build it as the
>unpriviledged >user
>(amanda?), and become root to install it?
>
>Please post the results of an 'amcheck nameofconfig'
>executed by the user who built amanda.

$ amcheck Diaria

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 226936 KB disk space
available, that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20040311 label Diaria1
(exact label match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape Diaria1 label ok
Server check took 0.758 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.133 seconds, 0
problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p2)

Los otros bytes estaban ahí porque antes tenía al
servidor como otro cliente. Ahora borré esa entrada
"amanda_ser amanda", pero el mensaje es el mismo,
recordar:

$amrecover Diaria
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p2. Contacting server on
irixoa06 ...
220 irixoa06 AMANDA index server (2.4.4p2) ready:
500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed
from root@i...] amandahostsauth failed

Gracias por vuestra ayuda!!

Correo Yahoo! - 6 MB, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis!
 Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es