Amanda-Users

Re: MapBarCode error

2004-05-28 17:18:22
Subject: Re: MapBarCode error
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:07:19 -0400
On Friday 28 May 2004 15:31, Dege, Robert C. wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>when I try to run amcheck, I keep getting a MapBarCode error, which
> causes amcheck to exit tape scanning prematurely.  Here's a snippet
> of output:
>
>bash$ amcheck simnet
>Amanda Tape Server Host Check
>-----------------------------
>Holding disk /mnt/raid/holding: 3250292 KB disk space available,
> that's plenty amcheck-server: slot 3: date 20180417 label SIMNET-04
> (active tape) amcheck-server: fatal slot MapBarCode,: DB Version
> does not match ERROR: new tape not found in rack
>       (expecting a new tape)
>NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
>Server check took 141.154 seconds
>
>Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
>--------------------------------
>Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.121 seconds, 0 problems found
>

>Does anyone know why I'm getting this error message?  I'm using
> amanda with a Qualstar TLS-4222 with (2) SDX-700C AIT3 tape drives.
>  There is no BarCode reader in the unit.
>
>-Rob

It sounds as if you may have either emubarcode, or something similar
in your amanda.conf.  There are a couple of keywords in amanda that
(I've surveyed the code in question) if found, default to yes, so the
only way to shut things up is to comment those lines out.  I believe
thats one of them.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: