Amanda-Users

MapBarCode error

2004-05-28 15:34:51
Subject: MapBarCode error
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: "Amanda List (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:31:09 -0700
Hello all,

when I try to run amcheck, I keep getting a MapBarCode error, which causes
amcheck to exit tape scanning prematurely.  Here's a snippet of output:

bash$ amcheck simnet
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /mnt/raid/holding: 3250292 KB disk space available, that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 3: date 20180417 label SIMNET-04 (active tape)
amcheck-server: fatal slot MapBarCode,: DB Version does not match
ERROR: new tape not found in rack
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 141.154 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.121 seconds, 0 problems found

Does anyone know why I'm getting this error message?  I'm using amanda with a
Qualstar TLS-4222 with (2) SDX-700C AIT3 tape drives.  There is no BarCode
reader in the unit.

-Rob