Amanda-Users

Amanda talk at Open Source Conference

2004-05-25 20:40:28
Subject: Amanda talk at Open Source Conference
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:58:02 -0500

The O'Reilly Open Source Conference has accepted my proposal to do a 45-minute talk on Amanda at this summer's conference July 26-30 in Portland, OR. I submitted the proposal because I think Amanda is a great product and I want to spread the joy. :-) I've been to the conference several times and data backup (as far as I know) has never had coverage so this seems like a good opportunity to get Amanda some good exposure and attract some new users. The session will be on the morning of Thursday, July 29th. More info can be found at http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2004/view/e_sess/5141 .

I'm posting to let people know about it and to encourage that they attend (certainly not just for my talk; the conference is a consistently excellent resource for all things open source), but also to ask for the user community's assistance. I'm in the process of developing the material for the talk, and while I have a pretty good idea of the things that I found most interesting or confusing, I would also like to hear about those things from you. I want to make sure that my talk doesn't simply center around my own experiences with Amanda. So if you would like to provide input, I'd certainly appreciate it. Hope to see some of you in Portland!

Thanks,
Fran

--
Fran Fabrizio