Amanda-Users

RE: The use of Amanda without tapes ?

2004-05-25 20:30:55
Subject: RE: The use of Amanda without tapes ?
From: "Byarlay, Wayne A." <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
To: "Andreas Moser" <info AT moserandreas DOT de>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:51:25 -0500
Andreas,

I myself have been working to this end off & on for a while now. It just
so happens that this week, I am attempting to finalize my backups to
Disk.

I suppose you could do the holding-disk trick the other guy mentioned.
But if you want to use a large disk to mimic several tapes, thus
allowing you to do the amrestore thingy from the clients, some other
people have created some tutorials/examples of how they've done it. I
recommend looking all these over.

First do a search for a message from a guy "Clinton Hogge" in the
amanda-users archive. He has a good e-mail RE this.
Second, a guy "Alex Muc" also wrote a tutorial, do a search in the
amanda-users archive in Yahoo for that one too.

I tried finding these files myself in my archives, but all I can locate
is the printed version. If I come across them again later, I'll e-mail
them to you. Hopefully the authors wouldn't care.

WAB