Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck/amdump fails (sometimes) to amanda client

2004-05-24 14:36:39
Subject: Re: amcheck/amdump fails (sometimes) to amanda client
From: "Steven Schoch" <stevenschoch AT hotmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:33:56 -0700
Now I suspect this is not an amanda problem.

As a test, I added two more lines to amanda's crontab file.  Now it says:

0 16 * * 1-5    /usr/sbin/amcheck -m KBack
47 14 * * 1-5   /usr/sbin/amcheck -m KBack
49 14 * * 1-5   /usr/sbin/amcheck -m KBack
45 0 * * 2-6    /usr/sbin/amdump KBack

I get three "amcheck" email messages.  The third (at 4 p.m.) says:

WARNING: marge: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?

But the other two do not. On marge, the latest amandad.*.debug and selfcheck.*.debug are dated 14:49. So it appears that something is happening at about 4 p.m. that is interferring with the communication with marge. Or maybe it's happening on the top of every hour? I'll try changing it to 4:05 p.m. and see if that makes a difference.

--
Steven Schoch