Amanda-Users

RE: Some directories not being backed up

2004-05-19 01:30:25
Subject: RE: Some directories not being backed up
From: "Pham, Tu" <tu.pham AT vicscouts.asn DOT au>
To: "'Frank Smith'" <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:49:47 +1000

--On Wednesday, May 19, 2004 11:47:21 +1000 "Pham, Tu"
<tu.pham AT vicscouts.asn DOT au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im currently using Amanda to backup one server only (it Linux)
>
> One directory however, does not appear to be backed up. I do not
> receive any error messages to say that a directory was not backed up.
>
> I have attached the report that I get sent after backup is performed,
> a copy of my exclude list and disklist.
>
> The directory that doesn't get backed up /online. When I do a
> amrecover and go to /onine, nothing is there. All other directories
> seem to be backed up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tu

Your disklist contains / and /online/backup/storage, is /online
physically in / or is it a mount point?  Tar is called with options to
not cross filesystems, so if /online is on a different disk or partition
only the mount point itself will be in the backups, not any of data
mounted on it.

Frank

Actualli I'm not sure. If I do a df -h on the server, this is what I get

/dev/cciss/c0d0p2     8.3G  6.2G  1.8G  79% /
/dev/cciss/c0d0p1      97M   15M   77M  17% /boot
/dev/cciss/c0d1p1      65G   13G   50G  20% /online
none                 1009M     0 1009M   0% /dev/shm

Thanks,

2