Amanda-Users

Re: snapshots newer than 20040423 fubar here

2004-05-17 09:54:06
Subject: Re: snapshots newer than 20040423 fubar here
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:26:08 -0400
On Monday 17 May 2004 08:35, Alexander Jolk wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> [amanda@coyote amanda-2.4.5b1-20040510]$ amcheck DailySet1
>> amcheck: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libamserver-2.4.5b1-20040510.so: cannot open shared object file:
>> No such file or directory
>>
>> Unforch, ls -l sees the library just fine:[amanda@coyote
>> amanda-2.4.5b1-20040510]$ ls
>> -l /usr/local/lib/libamserver-2.4.5b1-20040510.so
>> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 392999 May 11
>> 22:17 /usr/local/lib/libamserver-2.4.5b1-20040510.so
>
>Just in case, have you run `ldconfig' as root after the
> installation? (Assuming that you are on Linux which I seem to
> recall you were, and furthermore assuming that this isn't done
> automatically during install, which I don't know.)
>
>Alex

Thats a good thought Alex, and something I might try.  Bear in mind
its also something I've not had to do prior to this. BRB.

Humm, that seems to have been the magic twanger 2.4.5b1-20040510's
version of amcheck appears to be working.  Unforch, I didn't rewind
the tape thats loaded prior to the launch, so I'll have to run it
twice to restore the correct tape for the next run.

Does anyone know the diff between 2.4.5b1-20040510 and
2.4.4p2-20040510?  I have the latter, but haven't unpacked it.

In the back of my mind, I'm wondering if that might fix my no rewind
problem as it did work successfully for several years.  I *think* but
cannot confirm, that the rewind problem started with my use of 2.6
kernels starting last fall.  I suppose its worth a try since the
build and install is so simple with my script.  Back in <5 minutes...

Sigh, didn't fix it.  2.4.4p2-20040510's amcheck also failed to read
the first tape label, the one already in the drive and sitting at
block 1 because the label has already been read once.  But at least
that test run will restore the right tape in the drive :-)

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: