Amanda-Users

snapshots newer than 20040423 fubar here

2004-05-16 17:47:11
Subject: snapshots newer than 20040423 fubar here
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:55:25 -0400
Greetings,

I saw that a new snapshot was available tonight, so I built it and
installed it, but I'm getting the same error I've gotten from any
snapshot newer than the 2.4.5b1-20040423, which I'll revert to a few
seconds.

In one try at running 'amcheck DailySet1' this is returned instantly:

[amanda@coyote amanda-2.4.5b1-20040510]$ amcheck DailySet1
amcheck: error while loading shared libraries:
libamserver-2.4.5b1-20040510.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

Unforch, ls -l sees the library just fine:[amanda@coyote
amanda-2.4.5b1-20040510]$ ls
-l /usr/local/lib/libamserver-2.4.5b1-20040510.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 392999 May 11
22:17 /usr/local/lib/libamserver-2.4.5b1-20040510.so

Now I'll reinstall the 0423 snapshot and rerun 'amcheck DailySet1'
Bah, I forgot to use mt to rewind the tape loaded, so I'll have to run
it twice to restore the right tape for tonights run.  Anyway:

Darn I can't get dd to quit, unkillable.  Seems like a poor excuse to
reboot, but...
Suffice to say, tape 25 decided to become unreadable, so I replaced it
and re-wrote the label with dd after editing the tape number.  But I
issued another dd to confirm the label and its that process that
locked itself up, holding a lock on /dev/st0.  That won't do at
all...

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: