Amanda-Users

shell issue?

2004-05-17 10:40:30
Subject: shell issue?
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:00:57 +0100
Hi,

2.4.4 server
2.4.4p2 client
Both on RedHat 7.3

I'm trying to get a new checkpoint firewall of mine backed up in the manner
i have many times before. I have installed Amanda server and client at least
50 times now with minimal fuss.
However i'm getting the following error and am wondering if anyone has seen
it before.

I'm usung tar to backup just a single directory

disklist on the server for this host looks like

# Firewall rulesset and onfiguration
xxxxxx   /opt/CPbackups                comp-ora-tar

and running an amcheck gives me

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: xxxxxx: [can not execute /opt/CPshrd-R55/util/gtar: Permission
denied]
ERROR: xxxxxx: [can not execute /opt/CPshrd-R55/util/gzip: Permission
denied]
Client check: 21 hosts checked in 0.699 seconds, 2 problems found

Now the odd thing is that in my setups amanda runs as the operator user and
on the xxxxxx client if i su - to the operator user and then see what gtar
and gzip they use i get

$ which gtar
/bin/gtar

which is what i expect - so why am i getting the amanda client trying to use
the tar version that is installed when checkpoint gets installed?

the corresponding line in /etc/passwd has /bin/bash as their default shell

thanks

Tom