Amanda-Users

Re: unsubscribe

2004-05-11 11:01:53
Subject: Re: unsubscribe
From: Todd Kover <kovert AT omniscient DOT com>
To: Jonathan Dill <jfdill AT jfdill DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:57:17 -0400
 > OK just for fun, I gave it a shot, and it looks to me like someone
 > used RCS (ci, co, rcsdiff etc.) to manage something within the
 > Majordomo tree and Majordomo is unhappy about having an RCS directory
 > within the tree because it is not a valid list.  That's what I
 > suspect.  You're probably going to have to: 1) store the "*,v" files
 > in another directory; 2) remove the RCS directory; 3) or, figure out
 > how to make Majordomo ignore the RCS directory.

actually, this was only a problem with 'unsubscribe *'. I've corrected
this.

 > Why oh why do people still insist on using antiquated Majordomo
 > when there are a dozen or so better MLMs out there these days?  Try
 > Mailman for instance, available as an RPM on multiple Linux distros.

I looked into others but mailman was really the only other one
that I came up as any better and python is icky and not an area I
wanted to tred into.  If you have a suggestion for something that
I missed in my brief search, that's not in python, please contact
postmaster AT amanda DOT org.

please don't respond to the list...

-Todd