Amanda-Users

Re: Novell and Amanda

2004-04-29 08:06:31
Subject: Re: Novell and Amanda
From: Dave Ewart <Dave.Ewart AT cancer.org DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:01:22 +0100
Gavin Henry wrote:

> Is it possible to backup Novell 4 via Amanda via a HP Ultra multitape
> drive?

Assuming you aren't talking about actually running AMANDA on the Novell
server itself, you should be able to do something here.

We have a Debian box which mounts our Netware server's disks as ncpfs
filesystems - and we add these mount points to the AMANDA disklist.

Works fine.  Strangely, when we had the same config on a Red Hat box,
although the backups would work OK, AMANDA (or tar or whatever) couldn't
figure out how to do level 1 and higher backups (something to do with
the file modification dates visible over ncpfs).

If you have any more questions, knowing a bit more about what you have
in mind would be helpful.

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart