Amanda-Users

Re: amlabel problem.

2004-02-17 08:21:17
Subject: Re: amlabel problem.
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <Erik AT epo DOT dk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:19:32 +0100
** Reply to message from "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at> on
Tue, 17
Feb 2004 14:05:11 +0100

> Hi, Erik,
>
> on Dienstag, 17. Februar 2004 at 12:06 you wrote to amanda-users:
>
> >> Do you really want to keep your config-files in /etc/amanda?
> >> The default points to /usr/local/etc/amanda, for example.
> >>
> EPO> Anything wrong in that? That's where the sample config is located. Of
> course I
> EPO> can easily change it if it makes any difference.
[snip]
> From FHS:
>
> The /etc directory contains configuration unique to the system and is
> required for boot time.
>
> You see?
>
> Just configure your AMANDA-sources with
>
> --with-configdir=/usr/local/etc/amanda/
>
> put your configs in there and feel the satisfaction of meeting the
> standard ;)

I realize I have a lot to learn. I am new to Linux and before I can move my
production to Linux I need a reliable backup system. I am all for standards, so
I'll see to that my system complies to it - as long as I know about it :)

Regards,
Erik P. Olsen