Amanda-Users

Re: amlabel problem.

2004-02-17 08:06:55
Subject: Re: amlabel problem.
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:05:11 +0100
Hi, Erik,

on Dienstag, 17. Februar 2004 at 12:06 you wrote to amanda-users:

>> Do you really want to keep your config-files in /etc/amanda?
>> The default points to /usr/local/etc/amanda, for example.
>>
EPO> Anything wrong in that? That's where the sample config is located. Of
course I
EPO> can easily change it if it makes any difference.

I don't know from which sources you compiled on what OS, but for me
the default setting for AMANDA-2.4.4p2 (and earlier versions, too) is
/usr/local/etc/amanda (it's Linux here).

It's not WRONG to put configs in /etc, but it ain't the place they
should go when you read the FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard).

>From FHS:

The /etc directory contains configuration unique to the system and is
required for boot time.

You see?

Just configure your AMANDA-sources with

--with-configdir=/usr/local/etc/amanda/

put your configs in there and feel the satisfaction of meeting the
standard ;)

--
best regards,
Stefan