Amanda-Users

amlabel problem.

2004-02-17 05:27:36
Subject: amlabel problem.
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <Erik AT epo DOT dk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:21:11 +0100
I am installing amanda for the first time and have problems labeling tapes for
it. I get the error message:

amlabel: could not load tapelist "/etc/amanda/normal/tapelist"

This seems strange since it is the first tape I try to label and therefore
there is no tapelist file and there should not be one. In fact the
documentation says that it will be generated by amlabel and it should not be
modified by the user/administrator. The command I issue from the amanda user is:

amlabel /usr/sbin/amlabel normal normal00

and it doesn't help to use the force flag. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Erik P. Olsen