Amanda-Users

Re: Does this report look okay? ---> [Fwd: DailySet1 AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR February 9, 2004]

2004-02-09 12:53:35
Subject: Re: Does this report look okay? ---> [Fwd: DailySet1 AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR February 9, 2004]
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:51:36 -0500
On Monday 09 February 2004 12:21, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 11:58:03AM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 at 11:51am, Jon LaBadie wrote
>>
>> > I also go into the source and change the columns with single
>> > decimal digits to having zero decimal digits and no decimal
>> > point.  Do I really care if the tape rate was 975.8 KB/sec as
>> > compared to 976?  Or that u07's /var FS compressed to 43.2
>> > percent of its original size vs 43%?
>>
>> YES!  For $DEITY's sake, man, don't carelessly toss away
>> precious significant digits!
>>
>> Ahem.  This aside has been brought to you by my type A,
>> engineering past.
>
>The $NETHERDEITY you say!  The digits are not tossed, just not
> reported. They are recoverable by dividing two other columns.  ;)

Chuckle, I see everyones humor bone is in good shape today.

Actually, I've heard that if its only off by point double ought zip,
"thats close enough for the girls I go with!" :)

With that, if I haven't mentioned it before, I will be out of pocket
for a bit, I'm flying to upstate MI tomorrow morning to apply the
defib paddles to a tv station thats been dark a bit too long and the
license is in danger.  Hopefully I can get it to breathing regularly
again.  NDI what I'm walking into, but the price & fringies are ok.
I've got my scope, a DVM, a decent soldering iron and some small hand
tools packed, anything else I'll let petty cash buy, & fedex deliver.
I hear the place is toolless.  Ick...

I'll likely be around the rest of the evening but will do a gracefull
shutdown late tonight.  Asking the nearly computer illiterate missus
to keep the tapes changed runs up my phone bill :-)  OTOH, she did it
for a couple of weeks 2 years ago.

I'll resign from the lists, else my 10 meg mailbox will be full in a
day or 2.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: