Amanda-Users

RE: Problem configure the changer...

2004-02-05 11:10:15
Subject: RE: Problem configure the changer...
From: Michael Kahle <michael.kahle AT scc-wi DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:56:21 -0600
<snip>
> I receive the error:
> amanda@bkpsrv01:/etc/amanda/Daily01$ /usr/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -status
<none> changerfile must be specified in > amanda.conf
</snip>

Your problem is your chg-zd-mtx.conf file.  You should  check the amanda lib
directory for the chg-zd-mtx file and read the docs that are in this script.
On my system (Debian GNU/Linux "Woody") this file is located in
/usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx.  I made this mistake myself.  You are using a
configuration for a "chg-scsi" script.  You need to create a new config file
that has the correct configuration information for "chg-zd-mtx".  There is
no sample mtx config file in the /usr/doc/amanda-common/examples folder.
You need to create your own per the instructions in the chg-zd-mtx script
itself.

Here is my CHANGER.conf file.  This is for a Quantum SuperLoader DLT 1280L

firstslot=1
lastslot=16
cleanslot=16
autoclean=0