Amanda-Users

Re: how to initiate amanda amdump ?

2004-01-27 14:24:53
Subject: Re: how to initiate amanda amdump ?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Allen Liu --- work <allen AT bellglobal DOT com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:17:05 -0600
--On Tuesday, January 27, 2004 14:06:39 -0500 Allen Liu --- work <allen AT
bellglobal DOT com> wrote:

> I ran amcheck -c and got following error msg. the client 'pete' and server
> 'spike' are same machine.

> spike:amanda:/myapp/am/sbin$./amcheck -c fst
>
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> ERROR: pete: [can not read/write /etc/amandates: No such file or directory]
> Client check: 1 host checked in 1.184 seconds, 1 problem found
>
> (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p1)
> spike:amanda:/myapp/am/sbin$
>
> I can't find where the file 'amandates' is.

It's not there until you create it:

touch /etc/amandates
chown backupuser:backupgroup /etc/amandates

Amanda uses that file to keep track of what was backed up when at
what level when using tar (it serves the same purpose as dump's
/etc/dumpdates).

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Systems Administrator                           Voice: 512-374-4673