Amanda-Users

Re: how to initiate amanda amdump ?

2004-01-27 10:34:06
Subject: Re: how to initiate amanda amdump ?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Allen Liu --- work <allen AT bellglobal DOT com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:30:51 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 at 10:12am, Allen Liu --- work wrote

> I installed amanda on my server which is a sparc server.
> I configured the server itself as a backup client.
> When I run amdump there is no output from planner. I wonder how I can make it
> work.
> I set up some pause point within planner.c, I can see the configure info was
> read in. And also at
> some point of planner, amandad daemon was started. But just there is no
> output comes out from
> planner.
>
> Here are my config:
>
> disklist:
>
> pete c0t0d0s0 comp-root
>
> /etc/inetd.conf:
> amanda    dgram  udp wait   amanda /myapp/am/libexec/amandad    amandad
> amandaidx stream tcp nowait amanda /myapp/am/libexec/amindexd   amindexd
> amidxtape stream tcp nowait amanda /myapp/am/libexec/amidxtaped amidxtaped

You need to ensure that this config passes 'amcheck' before you try
amdump.  Does it?  If not, try to figure out the error message using
FAQ-O-Matic or the list archives (both accessible via www.amanda.org).  If
you still can't get it, come back here with the *exact* error message and
any relevant files from /tmp/amanda.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering