Amanda-Users

Recover from multiple dumps per day

2004-01-26 18:44:40
Subject: Recover from multiple dumps per day
From: Marc Langlois <marc AT keyseismic DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 26 Jan 2004 16:41:25 -0700
We would like to be able to recover accidentally deleted files from
amanda backups that are made more than once per day, so I'm running
amdump from cron every 2 hours during working hours. This seems to work
fine with the file driver, and with 20 "tape" slots a full backup is
done at least once every 2 days.

The problem I'm having is that when I retrieve a file or directory,
amrecover doesn't seem to be able to access the most recent backup. I've
tried using the "setdate" command to both <today> and <tomorrow>, but it
only displays information about the last backup from <yesterday>. All
the man pages I've seen only list dates to the nearest day, but is it
possible to use a finer time resolution?

Thanks,
Marc Langlois.