Amanda-Users

Re: 3ware 8506-4 raid1 hotswap

2004-01-23 04:18:24
Subject: Re: 3ware 8506-4 raid1 hotswap
From: "R.M. Evers" <amanda AT hbh-it DOT nl>
To: Christopher Odenbach <odenbach AT hni.upb DOT de>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:15:57 +0100
hi christopher,

thanks for your reply. what do you mean with 'half a mirror'? i'm
planning to use 2 disks, fully mirrored. the first time i pull one out,
and put in a fresh disk i expect things to be ok. but what do you think
will happen when i put in a disk that has been used before as a full
mirror? or is this exactly the situation you're talking about? :-)

if i have to clean a disk everytime i put it back in i'm gonna have a
problem, since this server will be my only SATA machine...

regards,
-rodi