Amanda-Users

Re: amreport

2004-01-21 11:03:50
Subject: Re: amreport
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:02:37 +0100
Hi, Leopold.Schenner AT ebewe DOT com,

on Mittwoch, 21. Jänner 2004 at 11:05 you wrote to amanda-users:

LSec> it's Suse linux 8.2. Independent which "LANG" or rather
LSec> the "locale" I define the result is the same...

Didn't want to take part in the case of Solaris, but now, as I read
it's Suse ... ;)

I used AMANDA under various Suse-releases over the last years and
haven't seen this behavior.

--

Has it worked before (upgrading OS/AMANDA/something) or is it a new
installation (of OS/AMANDA/something)?

Suse is also pretty picky about mixing Yast-configurations with manual
interventions. Also upgrading rpms via Suse-Update can sometimes lead
to such behavior (I have a case of broken dependency for sendmail, for
example ...)

Do you use rpms of AMANDA?
If yes, I would heavily recommend to compile your own. This has helped
solving "mysterious problems" for me often.

--

Just for the record: I installed AMANDA-2.4.4p2 on a vanilla
Suse-9-pro these days. Works like charm.

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger