Amanda-Users

Re: amreport

2004-01-20 03:11:19
Subject: Re: amreport
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:10:10 -0500
On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 08:51:35AM +0100, Leopold.Schenner AT ebewe DOT com
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to send the summary report of amanda via e-mail to the
> "mailto" user as defined. But if the command "amreport Config -l
> log.YYYYMMDD.x" will be started I get the message:
>
> Cannot convert from ANSI_X3.4-1968 to iso-8859-1
> Invalid argument
> ...message not sent.
> amreport: mail command failed: /usr/bin/Mail -s "DailySet1 AMANDA MAIL
> REPORT FOR date,2004" amanda
>
> Obviously there something wrong with codepage translation or
> whatever...Sadly i didn't solve the problem yet.

OS??

Solaris, maybe others too, uses environment vars to set the "locale".
On Solaris the vars are LANG and a series of LC_xxxx vars where xxx
includes CTYPE, TIME, ... and also "ALL" which overrides the other LC's.

Try running your amreport command with the vars set to appropriate
locales for your OS.  One will probably be "C", so my example uses that:

  LANG=C LC_CTYPE=C LC_ALL=C amreport <config> -l log.xxxxxxx

This will set (or change) the vars just for the running of the amreport cmd.

My current locale on Solaris is "en_US.ISO8859-1" but the your OS may require
different syntax.

If you find a setting that works, try it in your cron command for amdump.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)