Amanda-Users

Re: amreport

2004-01-21 08:34:03
Subject: Re: amreport
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Leopold.Schenner AT ebewe DOT com, "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:30:55 +0100
Leopold.Schenner AT ebewe DOT com wrote:

it's Suse linux 8.2. Independent which "LANG" or rather the "locale" I define the result is the same...

(I don't have experience with Suse.)
Are you sure it's not working, even with LC_ALL set to blank?

  $ LC_ALL= amreport ...

Try this one (there was a bug in some old version of glib concerning
where it checked for CHARSET in some obscure cases.)

  $ CHARSET=us amreport ...

Thankx for your help - Leo

        *Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>*
Gesendet von: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

01/20/2004 09:10 AM
Bitte antworten an amanda-users

An: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org Kopie: Thema: Re: amreport

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 08:51:35AM +0100, Leopold.Schenner AT ebewe DOT com
wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I would like to send the summary report of amanda via e-mail to the
 > "mailto" user as defined. But if the command "amreport Config -l
 > log.YYYYMMDD.x" will be started I get the message:
 >
 > Cannot convert from ANSI_X3.4-1968 to iso-8859-1
 > Invalid argument
 > ...message not sent.
 > amreport: mail command failed: /usr/bin/Mail -s "DailySet1 AMANDA MAIL
 > REPORT FOR date,2004" amanda
 >
 > Obviously there something wrong with codepage translation or
 > whatever...Sadly i didn't solve the problem yet.

OS??

Solaris, maybe others too, uses environment vars to set the "locale".
On Solaris the vars are LANG and a series of LC_xxxx vars where xxx
includes CTYPE, TIME, ... and also "ALL" which overrides the other LC's.

Try running your amreport command with the vars set to appropriate
locales for your OS.  One will probably be "C", so my example uses that:

 LANG=C LC_CTYPE=C LC_ALL=C amreport <config> -l log.xxxxxxx

This will set (or change) the vars just for the running of the amreport cmd.