Amanda-Users

Re: Soalris client backup problem

2004-01-15 11:21:59
Subject: Re: Soalris client backup problem
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Stephen Yeates <stephen.yeates AT heanet DOT ie>, "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:20:53 -0500
On Thursday 15 January 2004 10:52, Stephen Yeates wrote:
>> You should use gnutar, not the solaris tar.
>
>Thanks for your prompt reply, I'm still a little unclear.
>
>I already use the dumptype GNUTAR for the Solaris client
>
>define dumptype comp-user-tar {
>    program "GNUTAR"
>    comment "partitions dumped with tar"
>    options compress-fast, index, exclude-list
>"/etc/amanda/exclude.gtar"
>    priority medium
>}
>
>I have gnutar in /usr/local/bin on the Solaris machine, how do
>I force Amanda to use this instead of the standard Solaris tar
>is GNUTAR not coded into Amanda at compile time?
>
>regards,
>
>Stephen

I believe it can be if spec'd in the ./configure argument list.  If
so, or the path was correct and configure found it, it should be
recorded in the config.log file in the src dir.

However if its dependent on the $PATH, then you may have to re-arrange
the $PATH to place the gnutar version such that its found first.  In
my log, it appears it specifically asked for "gtar" and found it in
/bin/gtar.

Please post the output of "which gtar" and "gtar --version"

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,
ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: