Amanda-Users

RE: Soalris client backup problem

2004-01-15 10:57:07
Subject: RE: Soalris client backup problem
From: Stephen Yeates <stephen.yeates AT heanet DOT ie>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:52:16 -0000

> You should use gnutar, not the solaris tar.

Thanks for your prompt reply, I'm still a little unclear.

I already use the dumptype GNUTAR for the Solaris client

define dumptype comp-user-tar {
    program "GNUTAR"
    comment "partitions dumped with tar"
    options compress-fast, index, exclude-list
"/etc/amanda/exclude.gtar"
    priority medium
}

I have gnutar in /usr/local/bin on the Solaris machine, how do
I force Amanda to use this instead of the standard Solaris tar
is GNUTAR not coded into Amanda at compile time?

regards,

Stephen